Login | Register
My pages Projects Community openCollabNet

Discussions > users > Re: [propel] Using Creole to generate xml schema from db.

propel
Discussion topic

Back to topic list

Re: [propel] Using Creole to generate xml schema from db.

Reply

Author hlellelid
Full name Hans Lellelid
Date 2004-03-31 07:16:05 PST
Message Hi there,

Ok I think I've identified & fixed the problems. I've added some inline
comments to demonstrate what the problem was I'll summarize what changed
at the end.

> I think I have my build.properties setup correctly (as per the example)
> and I'm running:

Yes, from what I can tell your build properties are fine. I did make a
change to the default.properties file to add a default (empty) value for
username/password so that you can specify these in the db URL. (This is
how it works for other db phing tasks, so this is more consistent now.)

>
> propel > creole:
> [echo] +-------------------​--------------------​--------+
> [echo] | |
> [echo] | Generating XML from Creole connection ! |
> [echo] | |
> [echo] +-------------------​--------------------​--------+
> [propel-creole-transform] Propel - CreoleToXMLSchema starting
> [propel-creole-transform] Your DB settings are:
> [propel-creole-transform] driver : (default)
> [propel-creole-transform] URL :
> mysql://everybox:***​*******@localhost/ev​erybox
> [propel-creole-transform] user : ${databaseUser}

Here was the first sign of problems. the propel.database.user variable
was (I assume) commented out of your build.properties. As mentioned, I've
fixed this so that it will default to '' (and empty users/passwords will
be ignored by the creole transform task, meaning that the user/pass in
your URL will be used)

> [propel-creole-transform] Object id #421

This was the sign of the next problem. w/ RC1, PHP5 broke backwards
compatibility w/ the other betas by removing the ability to have the
__toString() method called whenever an explicit string case was performed.
 This was an extremely difficult change to fix & this is one of the
examples we missed. That Object id #421 is an Exception object. I've
fixed this in the creole transform task so that it is logged as an error
and the proper message is displayed.

> But I get no generated xml schema file anywhere in the ./build area or
> in ./schema

Yes, if you update from CVS (both Creole and Propel, actually) it should
now work for you -- or at *least* provide some better error messages if it
doesn't.

I just ran a test on a database using MySQL. While running this test I
discovered some other issues w/ the MySQL metadata support: for example,
ENUM(...) columns were not being recognized. Also, there was a
compilation error related to accessibility of a variable in
MySQLDatabaseInfo class. Both of these issues have been fixed in CVS.

Thanks for trying this out. Sorry that this functionality is a little
more "fringe" in terms of functionality and reliability. Hopefully now
it'll all work, but let me know if not.

Thanks-
Hans

--------------------​--------------------​--------------------​---------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@pr​opel.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help at propel dot tigris dot org

« Previous message in topic | 2 of 6 | Next message in topic »

Messages

Show all messages in topic

[propel] Using Creole to generate xml schema from db. davidu David A. Ulevitch 2004-03-31 06:02:42 PST
     Re: [propel] Using Creole to generate xml schema from db. hlellelid Hans Lellelid 2004-03-31 07:16:05 PST
         Re: [propel] Using Creole to generate xml schema from db. davidu David A. Ulevitch 2004-03-31 07:43:09 PST
             Re: [propel] Using Creole to generate xml schema from db. davidu David A. Ulevitch 2004-03-31 07:45:02 PST
                 Re: [propel] Using Creole to generate xml schema from db. hlellelid Hans Lellelid 2004-03-31 07:52:15 PST
             Re: [propel] Using Creole to generate xml schema from db. hlellelid Hans Lellelid 2004-03-31 07:50:26 PST
Messages per page: